Castel Bloodstock secures new Lloyd’s binder capacity
08 March 2018 – Castel Bloodstock, part of Castel Specialty, the division of club-style MGA formation platform Castel Underwriting Agencies Limited that supports individual underwriters with smaller books of niche business, has secured a new binder with Lloyd’s capacity. The new capacity, provided by Canopius Syndicate 4444 and AEGIS Syndicate 1225, is supporting a bloodstock account focusing on high value thoroughbred, sports horse and show horse risks, and equine mortality and transit risks. Castel Bloodstock is headed by David Higgins and supported by Tara Woodward, who joined Castel in September 2017 from Novae.
David Higgins said: “We have attracted strong, quality capacity that supports our business plan and recognises our commitment to writing a broad spectrum of bloodstock risks largely on a following basis.”
Castel Specialty supports individual underwriters with smaller books of niche business. It provides the infrastructure, capacity and business support required to enable experienced underwriters to join and begin writing their own books of business within weeks. Underwriters are rewarded and incentivised according to the profitability of their individual book of business.
For further information, please contact:
Full Circle Communications
Alex Wise Mobile +44 (0) 7710 665 615 Tel: +44 (0)20 7265 7887 Email email@example.com
Notes to editors
Castel Underwriting Agencies Limited, part of Barbican Insurance Group, is a managing general agent (MGA) and club-style MGA formation platform focused on achieving success and driving innovation through collaboration. It provides experienced and entrepreneurial underwriters with stable capacity and a fast-track route to creating their own businesses. Castel is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Learn more about Castel at www.castelmga.com.
Castel’s underwriting cells include:
- Altitude Risk Partners, which underwrites airlines, aerospace manufacturing products, general aviation, war and space business.
- Castel Specialty which supports talented and entrepreneurial individual underwriters who have smaller books of niche business including forestry physical damage, construction all risks and inherent defects insurance, M&A and tax warranty and indemnity covers and bloodstock risks.
- Medical & Commercial International (MCI) which underwrites general medical and pharmaceutical liability business on an international basis.
- Newbridge Risk Partners which underwrites a political violence portfolio focused on emerging markets - MENA, Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin and South America and Asia regions.
- Nirvana Risk Partners which underwrites media, technology and cyber liability risks for small and large enterprises on a global basis.
- Vecta Risk Partners which underwrites specialist group and individual accident & health, travel and lifestyle coverages distributed through brokers and affinity e-trading platforms.
- Verve Risk Partners which underwrites US professional and management liability risks, focusing on insurance companies and captives as well as insurance agents and brokers.
- Yachtpod Risk Partners which underwrites specialist coverages including hull and machinery, increased value, war, medical expenses, mortgagee’s interest and loss of charter hire risks for superyacht owners, captains, and managers on a worldwide basis.