Nirvana launches on Castel's MGA platform
21st April 2017 – Nirvana Risk Partners (Nirvana) has launched today as an underwriting cell on the Castel Underwriting Agencies Limited (Castel) MGA formation platform to target media, technology and cyber liability risks. Nirvana will underwrite risks for small and large enterprises on a global basis with a particular emphasis on UK, US and EU markets. 100% of Nirvana’s capacity is provided by Lloyd’s syndicates.
The team has proven expertise and a reputation for writing primary and excess layers on all three of these convergent specialty lines. These factors, combined with strong distribution partnerships, enables Nirvana to deliver sustained organic and profitable growth.
Rob Jones is partner at Nirvana. He is the former London media and technology manager at Axis Capital. Previously, he was senior underwriter technology, media and telecoms with Hiscox, and started his career with Aon in media, film and entertainment broking.
Rob Jones, commented: “Castel understands and values the operational needs and growth opportunities for specialty and niche business. Their operational and governance infrastructure provides a high degree of confidence and supports us in offering brokers a more personal and agile business model, responding directly to their needs.”
Mark Birrell, CEO of Castel, said: “Castel provides an excellent platform for an entrepreneurial underwriter of Rob’s calibre to capitalise on the clear growth potential that the media, technology and cyber liability classes offer. His experience and track record in developing profitable business in this arena make Nirvana an important addition to our underwriting cells.”
Nirvana is the seventh underwriting business to be launched on the Castel platform.
For further information, please contact:
Full Circle Communications Alex Wise Mobile +44 (0) 7710 665 615 Tel: +44 (0)20 7265 7887 Email email@example.com
Notes to editors
Castel Castel Underwriting Agencies Limited, part of Barbican Insurance Group, is a managing general agent (MGA) and club-style MGA formation platform focused on achieving success and driving innovation through collaboration. It provides experienced and entrepreneurial underwriters with stable capacity and a fast-track route to creating their own businesses. Castel is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. www.castelmga.com
Castel’s other underwriting cells include:
- Altitude Risk Partners, which underwrites airlines, aerospace manufacturing products, general aviation, war and space business.
- Castel Specialty which supports talented and entrepreneurial individual underwriters who have smaller books of niche business. The first product to launch was for forestry physical damage insurance
- Medical & Commercial International (MCI) which underwrites general medical and pharmaceutical liability business on an international basis.
- Newbridge Risk Partners which underwrites a political violence portfolio focused on emerging markets - MENA, Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin and South America and Asia regions.
- Vecta Risk Partners which underwrites specialist group and individual accident & health, travel and lifestyle coverages distributed through brokers and affinity e-trading platforms.
- Verve Risk Partners which underwrites US professional and management liability risks, focusing on insurance companies and captives as well as insurance agents and brokers.
- Yachtpod Risk Partners which underwrites specialist coverages including hull and machinery, increased value, war, medical expenses, mortgagee’s interest and loss of charter hire risks for superyacht owners, captains, and managers on a worldwide basis.